kaupunkigreyn elämää

greyhound Taran ja ihmisten seikkailuja arjessa

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Leader of the human pack

Hello, beautiful! I'm the leader of this human pack. Your female is my aunt. Adults are my slaves, I've got them wrapped around my finger.
I hope you don't mind if I grab your long nose, it looks interesting.
Adults always try to educate me, this time on how dogs should be treated...
...but I know what's important: a good hold of anything that wags!
I think I want a dog of my own.
(Sisu will have his first birthday party next week. I think we'll settle for a stuffed dog for now...)

5 Comments:

Blogger houndstooth said...

How cute! It looks like she sure won her over!

6:04 pm  
Anonymous Terri said...

What a good girl Tara is! I laughed at the dialogue of the baby - it sounds like Sabrina could have been speaking!

7:22 am  
Anonymous Täti R said...

"I hope you don't mind if I grab your long nose."

What a great sentence! I think I'm gonna start using this. Somewhere...

7:31 pm  
Blogger IHateToast said...

Tara looks spoiled. She'll learn that mini-human is the same as food-dropper and milk-face. Mmmm.

Any way you can convince Sisu's mum that you bought presents at a store called Espressos, Puppies, and Drums?

And, on an unrelated topic, would you recommend any of these authors? Looking for non-English-speaking authors of crime fiction.

2:21 am  
Blogger paola_ said...

I think Joensuu and Sipilä are among the best known translated Finnish crime fiction authors (and myself I like Joensuu). But we're nothing compared to the Swedish, Norwegian and Icelandic writers. For example Åsa Larsson, Håkan Nesser, Henning Mankell and Stieg Larsson are hugely popular here. And both Karin Fossum and Arnaldur Indridason are my favorites.

I hope this is not a sign of lack of talent but just the fact that Finland is a safe haven compared to the other, violent Nordic countries. Or maybe it's just the fact that suicides don't make much of a storyline when it comes to crime fiction. (Well, Swedes must be better crime authors since they've got real organized crime and ethnic tension in Sweden. Even their crime TV series are better than ours, with witty main characters and hardly no binge drinking at all.)

10:33 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home