kaupunkigreyn elämää

greyhound Taran ja ihmisten seikkailuja arjessa

Friday, September 09, 2011

Forgotten winter images

Winter 2010-11 was lovely. First snow fell early and we got to enjoy snow all through the winter. The snow depth measured in Kaisaniemi, Helsinki on 20 December was 67 cm, or very close to the all-time record snow depth for December, 70 cm (measured in 1915).

Both Eläintarhanlahti (Eläintarha Bay) and Töölönlahti (Töölö Bay) froze. There's nothing better than walking on ice on a sunny day! 

Tara and her male human walking under Pitkäsilta (one of the 
bridges connecting southern Helsinki with the rest of the city).
Pretty old lady posing (there was a very, 
very cute dachshund boy in the distance...!)
Tara didn't need a coat, even though it was probably -12C when the photos were taken. There was no wind and we were walking briskly, except when she forced us to stop to read love letters handsome boys had written for her:

1 Comments:

Blogger IHateToast said...

I'm reading this while sweating in Queensland. I miss winters.

By the way, there are two Finns at my karate dojo. They just met yesterday, and I heard my first Finnish conversation. I'm a nerd. That excites me.

2:43 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home